Sunday, February 2, 2014

Living the Quaker Way


I have always been intrigued by the Amish, Mennonites, and Quakers way of life. I was excited when I choose Living the Quaker Way by Phillip Gulley to review. I was expecting a little more detail about how they actually live, not a brief overview. I was expecting the book more to be about living the Quaker way to become closer to the Lord. I did not expect such a long explanation of whether being a Quaker is a lifestyle or a religion. The chapters on peace, community, simplicity, and integrity were good. Gulley used examples to explain his points. At the end of the book there are daily questions of reflection. One example is "Do I recognize when I have enough?". The reflection questions were useful.

Overall I did not enjoy this book. I did not feel it deepened my walk with the Lord or that I really got anything new out of the book. I was given this book by Blogging for Books in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment